drm-cops forum

Unfortunately no one can be told what drm-cops is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2014-04-19 04:17:00

midfingr
Administrator

Steam Backup Now Works in Win8.1

I realize that probably none of you run Windows 8.1, but just in case... As stated in the title Win8.x users can now use the 'Steambackup.exe' utility again. I found this by accident when I was going to restore a game the manual way. The auto run dialog popped up asking if I wanted to run the executable.

To my surprise it worked. No compatibility tweaks or anything. I'm happy to see this functioning again. I have now idea if it was a Win8.1 and/or a Steam update.

For the record, if you need the backup, here is the article which points to the download (look under 'Restoring from Backup Files'):
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art … -yphv-2033

2014-04-19 04:17:00

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2014-04-20 01:23:53

Warnstaff
Administrator

Re: Steam Backup Now Works in Win8.1

Steam has a backup?!?

#3 2014-04-20 22:47:34

midfingr
Administrator

Re: Steam Backup Now Works in Win8.1

Ya Mon

There's a very simple wizard dialog, from which you can choose where to backup, the size (presets for CD, DVD, etc). It will then compress the files into a folder of the game's name and even label disk1, disk2, and so on if needed. It usually places the backup exe on the first disk. Burn to disk and you have a backup of your game.

To restore, just use the backup exe, which asks if you'd wish to restore the game. It will then decompress the files back into you Steam apps folder and prompt for the next disk (if needed).

The executable never worked in Win8 until recently.

Adverts

Board footer